Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Saving Julie from herself.

As for my friend Julie. If I were her doctor. I'd prescribe several days of total rest. Supervised. No personal responsibilities. Time for doctors to evaluate test results. Both physical and mental. But already I'd know the obvious. Julie is in depression. And she has a drinking problem. She's been in decline. For years and years. I'd determine what Julie needs. To get well again. Starting with extended bed rest. In a sanitarium. Daily psychotherapy, too. And a proper diet. Julie is gaunt. And psychotic.  A mere shadow of her former vibrant self. Julie is in no condition to be left on her own.  She needs treatment. Special care. Until she can manage herself once again. That's it. In a nutshell, folks. Now let's get to the critical assignment. Saving Julie from herself. --Jim Broede

No comments: