Sunday, July 19, 2015

Good enough for me.

Be careful about getting too far ahead of one's self. That's what I keep muttering. When I start thinking about what might go wrong.  Better to deal with the moment. Though acknowledging that forethought can prevent trouble. But generally, it's wise to savor the moment. To be absorbed in the immediate event. If I get way, way ahead of myself, I ultimately end up being dead. I won't last forever. None of us do. The other day, Courtney, on the Alzheimer's message boards, lamented that she was losing her mother. To dementia. She was thinking about the future. When her mother would be gone. Courtney needs to remind herself. That her mother is still alive and reasonably well. With it. So focus on that. Eventually, everyone living on Planet Earth today will be long gone. So what? I'm here now. That's good enough for me. --Jim Broede

No comments: