Friday, July 24, 2015

In an upbeat mood.

When I'm unhappy. Over virtually anything. I sit down at my computer. And write. About putting life in proper perspective. Which means. Finding thoughts. That make me happy. Very simple. I refuse to let the negative feelings of life get me down.  Instead, I find ample reason to be happy. Despite everything. For instance, earlier today, the Chicago Cubs blew a lead in the 9th inning. And went on to lose in extra innings. That made me unhappy. So I pondered how silly it was to be unhappy over such a relatively trivial matter. And I automatically became happy again. So easy. That's all it took. There's a solution. For even the most serious of unhappy thoughts. Such as my death. Some day. I don't let it bother me. Because I imagine surviving. As a happy-go-lucky spirit. No longer shackled by a physical body. Puts me in an upbeat mood. Immediately. --Jim Broede

No comments: