Friday, July 3, 2015

To satisfy my appetite.

I am preoccupied with writing. Have been. For a long, long time.  Don't know whether that's a good or bad thing. Maybe it doesn't matter. But it's probably good. From my perspective. Because writing helps me to relax.  It's pleasure. Enjoyment. Because I write whatever comes to mind. Might call it a form of  psychotherapy. A release. Getting to the heart of  my soul. A way of talking to myself. Honestly. Or in a way that makes me feel good. Perhaps I lie to myself.  So that I can pretend. Being anything. Anyone. That's what I'm doing now. Just before dawn. In the middle of my night. I get up. After a few hours of restless sleep. And shuffle to my computer. To write this. A reflection of my mind. Maybe this sounds crazy. But that doesn't matter.  Because crazy feels good. I'm going to take a break. And go to the kitchen. To fetch a raspberry croissant. And a glass of milk.  To satisfy my appetite. --Jim Broede
       

No comments: