Friday, July 10, 2015

Unconditional status.

Wonder. Wonder. If I should be castigated. For writing off certain friends. If they don't comply with my wishes. To be happy. To fall in love with life.  I do it only with friends capable of falling in love. But don't. Because they are stubborn. I did it. With my own sister. For many years.  Until she gave up drinking and smoking. She finally met my terms. Not because I said she had to. But because she really wanted to fall in love with life once again. Of course, if I thought she wasn't capable of getting out of  her doldrums. It would have been a different situation. I'd probably have stuck by her. Anyway, she's my upstanding, good-standing sister again. Has been for 10 years now. Back in the family. Back in the fold. She knows how I operate. By establishing conditions of friendship. Not with everyone. But with a certain few. I would never have done that with Jeanne. During her 13-year bout with Alzheimer's. She was my unconditional love. For an entire lifetime. The same goes for my Italian amore. She's in solid. An elite.  With unconditional status. --Jim Broede

No comments: