Sunday, August 30, 2015

A beautiful relationship.

Such a nice arrangement. Splitting my time. Between living alone. And with my Italian amore Cristina. The togetherness. And the separation. Benefit both of us. We love to interact with each other. In the flesh. But hey, sometimes it's nice to live alone. In solitude and tranquility. When I was married to dear sweet Jeanne. For 38 years. We were separated for maybe 10 days. Imagine that. That's real togetherness. And I loved it. Thrived on it. But now that I'm older. Things are different. Too much togetherness. Could make for difficulties. Cristina and I are well-suited for each other. By living apart more than together. I spend winters with her. In Sardinia. She comes to me. In Minnesota. In the summer. But still, we are in contact. Daily. When we aren't living together. On Skype. That almost seems like being with each other. Every day. Anyway, it works. Keeps us happy and contented. And in love. In what might be termed a beautiful international relationship. Or a de facto marriage. --Jim Broede

No comments: