Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Fond memories. Of old times.

The nice thing. About a trip. In some ways, it lasts forever. Because I keep thinking. About the experience. Of Yellowstone. And so much more. Like now. Meeting people. And their dogs. Two sleek Great Danes.  While traveling. Oh, wonderful coincidence. They're from Ripon in Wisconsin. In Fond du Lac County. My first newspaper job. After discharge from the U.S. Army. Went to work for the daily newspaper, the Fond du Lac Commonwealth Reporter. In 1960. Imagine that. Over a half century ago.  I'm able to impress the dog owners. With my knowledge of Ripon. The birthplace of the (personally) despised Republican Party. But there's a nice restaurant there. That I used to frequent. Called the Republican House. Good food. Good drink. Fond memories. Of old times. --Jim Broede

No comments: