Sunday, September 13, 2015

I need my Cristina fix.

I'm addicted. Not to alcohol, fortunately. But to sports teams. The Chicago Cubs. The Chicago Bears. Have been. Virtually all of my life. But I try to not let the Cubs and Bears be a dominant force in my life. I have even refrained from watching or listening to games. Other than occasionally. When I can handle it. Better to check the scores. After the games are over. Then I read the details. Especially when the Cubs and Bears win. Often, I don't read. Especially if they've lost close games. And blew leads. I'm also addicted to exercise. I need to workout. Daily.  Even when I'm a bit under the weather.  With a cold. Or an ache or pain. I exercise. Because it makes me feel better. More relaxed. I'm also addicted to writing. I am compelled. To write. Daily. Blurbs. A blog. Letters.  All kinds of writing. Random thoughts. Musings. And about people. My friends. Associates. Strangers. Nicest thing of all. My addictions are positive. No addiction more positive than my Italian amore. I need my Cristina fix. Daily. More than the Chicago Cubs or exercise or writing. --Jim Broede

No comments: