Saturday, September 26, 2015

Makes me feel vibrantly alive.

I love classical music. Listening. Every day. Mainly Mozart, Haydn and Beethoven. Also music from the Baroque period. Makes me think. About times when music only came live. No phonograph records. No CDs. No radio or TV. Makes me grateful. To live in an age of wonderful technology. Gives my life more spiritual dimension.  Merely by listening to the musical expressions of Mozart. Living in Mozart's time wouldn't have been good enough.  I'd not have much opportunity to hear Mozart. Especially if I lived in the hinterlands. As a youngster, I remember hearing Mozart.  And was immediately thrilled. In a spiritual way. Odd, isn't it?  That I can't sing. Or dance. Or play a musical instrument.  Never even had a desire to do so. Possibly because of a lack of raw talent. But still, I appreciate the sounds of Mozart. I'm enraptured. By the vibes. But don't ask me to sing or hum Mozart. I can't do it. Instead, my pleasure is in the listening. And feeling. And watching others perform their extraordinary musical skills. Yes, it's wonderful. To watch and listen to the unfolding of the spiritual sounds of life. All around me. Makes me feel vibrantly alive. --Jim Broede

No comments: