Saturday, September 19, 2015

On creating imaginary worlds.

Maybe that's why I fell in love. With writing. While I was still a youngster. It gave me the opportunity to create imaginary worlds. Early on, it was funny worlds. That made me and others laugh. My teachers. In junior high. Had me read my stuff. Aloud. In class.  And my cohorts (other students) laughed. I made up mystery stories, too.  They were always funny. Never serious. I discovered irony, too. Without really knowing it was irony. I don't consider myself a serious writer.  Or a talented writer. Just an ordinary writer.  Unafraid to experiment. To take chances. Risks. Maybe that's what has made me a romantic idealist, a spiritual free-thinker, a political liberal, a lover, a dreamer. It comes naturally. That's what I encourage others to be.  Their natural selves. --Jim Broede

No comments: