Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Surviving. A very close call.

I'm beginning to understand the nature of so-called post traumatic syndrome. That all it takes is a brush with death. Some soldiers. In places such as Iraq and Afghanistan. Probably have multiple flirtations with death. And I can see how that could affect them.  Psychologically. Somewhere down the line. Maybe even years later. I've had only one such brush. In an auto crash. Several weeks ago. When a huge RV careened out of control. Head on. Toward my vehicle. Time slowed. And I thought that death was coming. Not only for me. But for my beloved companions. My Italian true love. And another Italian friend. I thought we were all goners. But amazingly. We were all saved. By air bags and our seat belts. And stunning luck. Our vehicle was a total loss. But we all climbed out. Essentially unscathed. Physically. But I wonder. If somewhere down the road of time. If we'll have after-affects. Post traumatic syndrome. I hope not.  For now, I feel blessed. To have survived. A very close call. --Jim Broede
       

No comments: