Sunday, September 20, 2015

The best sight/site of all.

I like living day to day. And not getting too far ahead of myself.  Oh, I plan ahead. In several months, for instance, the plan is to join my Italian amore. In Greece. For 10 days or so. For the Christmas and New Year's holidays. Never been to Greece before. I'm leaving it up to Cristina. To do most of the planning. To line up the accommodations. And the itinerary. She always does a good job of it. Of course, I dabble, too. Sometimes, I'm the first to arrive. In places such as Scotland and Iceland. I like to mix with the local people. With strangers. That I get to know in significant ways. That is, significant for me. Maybe not for others.  Cristina is more for seeing the sights. And taking pictures. On our recent trip to Yellowstone. I didn't take a camera. Didn't take a single photo. But still, I have quite  a collection.  From Cristina's camera. Of geysers. And all that stuff. That a tourist is supposed to see. But I see other stuff. That one isn't always supposed to see. I'd rather watch and see and study dear Cristina.  She's the best sight/site of all. --Jim Broede

No comments: