Monday, October 19, 2015

A darn good way to look at life.

I'm trying. To not be disappointed. If my darling Chicago Cubs. Don't make it to the World Series. Instead, I'm trying to be happy. And grateful.  And appreciative. If the Cubs come close. By having won 97 regular season games. Thereby qualifying for the playoffs. A season after finishing in last place. That's amazing. Really, a blessing. Beyond my expectations. When the season began last April. If you had told me then, that in October, the Cubs would be vying in a 7-game playoff for the right to advance to the World Series -- well, I'd have said that's a bit preposterous. But a dream come true.  And I'd still be happy. If the Cubs came ever so close. But still failed to make the final hurdle to the World Series. Yes, I don't need everything. I can settle for the Cubs being competitive. Being second or third best team in baseball. Rather than the worst.  Indeed, that's remarkable improvement. That ain't bad. Furthermore, it's a darn good way to look at baseball. And life, too. --Jim Broede

No comments: