Thursday, October 29, 2015

Pretending. That I'm a happy hermit.

A hermit. I'd probably make a good one. Living in seclusion from society. Of course, I haven't done it. Because I'm in love. With my Italian amore. And with life. Hermits can be in love, too. With their way of life. Away from people. There's an advantage. To shutting one's self off from other people. One would still have the opportunity to focus on other things. Such as the natural environs. Hermits also could easily fall in love. With Mother Nature.  I'd love to meet some hermits. But I suspect they wouldn't want to meet me. I'd like to know if they live relatively low-stress lives. Because they may be oblivious of so much of the world's turmoil. Anyway, I occasionally put myself to the test. Withdrawing to my cocoon. For several days. Pretending. That I'm a happy hermit. --Jim Broede

No comments: