Sunday, November 8, 2015

I don't feel all that bad.

When declaring, 'I don't feel well.' It's not necessarily a cause for alarm. It could mean. That I'm feeling less than perfect. Mentally. Physically. I always want to feel very, very good. Almost perfect. Therefore, when I go to a doctor. He must learn to put my complaints in perspective. I'm feeling less than perfect. Most likely, not bad. For instance, I've had a chronically stiff neck. For years. And I've learned to live with it. Because it isn't lethal. Or life-threatening. But still, I wish to be rid of it. As well as any other aches and pains. But at age 80, I'm a realist.  I have to put up with a body that's less than perfect. Same goes for my mind. Sometimes , it's a bit troubled. Maybe I could use some psychotherapy. One thing I always want from a doctor: Encouragement. Hey, that I'm not all that bad off.  Because I have a good attitude. Toward life.  And its pitfalls and imperfections. --Jim Broede

No comments: