Friday, November 6, 2015

My queasy feeling.

I try to navigate life. Without becoming a victim. That ain't always easy. For instance, if I were a Jew in Nazi Germany. I'd have to find a way to escape. To a safe haven. Even in modern day America. I could feel like a victim. Especially if I were black. And poor. Fortunately, I'm white. And reasonably well-off, financially. But I'm fearful of certain political trends. Merely by looking in on the debates of the Republican presidential aspirants.  If any of these guys (or one woman) becomes president, it may not be as bad as Nazi Germany. But it'll be bad enough. For me. To avoid becoming a victim. Discriminated against. I could easily  be labeled un-American.  A threat to society and the new American way. Where dissent is no longer tolerated. Maybe it's my imagination. Playing tricks on my fears. And life won't be so bad. With Republicans in control of the White House. But believe me. I have a queasy feeling. --Jim Broede

No comments: