Thursday, November 5, 2015

To wherever my imagination roams.

My gawd! I'm 80, and counting. Incredible. A remarkable feat. To still be alive. And kicking. Of course, I'd rather be 40. With the prospect of living another 40 years. Anyway, I'm trying to not think of myself as old. Or dangerously close to the end of life. But still, I'm more and more cognizant of my mortality. I'll be lucky to survive my 80s. Which I'd welcome. If I could remain healthy and vigorous. Mentally and physically. I try to remain the optimist.  And to live life fully. A day at a time. Imaginatively. That's my saving grace. My imagination.  Which has me living forever. Not as a physical being. But as a living and tangible and conscious spirit.  Able to explore the limitless cosmos. To wherever my imagination roams. --Jim Broede

No comments: