Thursday, December 17, 2015

Being a fool. For the laughs.

Thinking tonight. That I don't sing. Or even try to sing. Because I'd be making a fool of myself.  The same goes, I suppose, for learning a second language. I'd never come close to mastering it to the point of not making a fool of myself. Yes, I know. Nothing wrong with being a fool.  That's how I learned to write. By being a fool. Day after day. And I still may be making a fool of myself. Every time I write. But I don't mind. So maybe I should accept being a fool. By practicing and expanding my grasp of the Italian language.  Isn't it funny? That I don't want to be a singing fool. The thing is. I have absolutely no singing talent. It's not even worth trying to sing.  Other than in a role as  a stand-up comic. In which case, I'd be doing it for the laughs.  --Jim Broede

No comments: