Thursday, December 17, 2015

Just downright nastiness.

Maybe I’m naive. Because I don’t understand. Why politicians can’t be nice to each other. Even if they disagree on issues. Anyway, I try to be nice. Even to people I dislike. It’s part of my nature. But then, I’m not a politician. And have no desire to be one. Maybe because there seems to be a lack of reasonable rules of decorum.  Even when Republicans debate Republicans. They are scurrilous and downright hateful in their comments. They lambaste each other. Unmercifully.  Of course, that can be entertaining. And maybe that’s why they do it. Take Donald Trump, for instance. He’s become a showman. An entertainer. Never a dull moment with Trump.  He’s the master of insult humor. Even the comedian Don Rickles can’t keep up with him. But then. To come to think of it. Maybe politicians don't intend it to be humor. Just downright nastiness.--Jim Broede

No comments: