Monday, December 28, 2015

My bright and idyllic future.

When it comes to spiritual matters. I believe. Whatever I want to believe. I don’t need proof. Scientific or otherwise.  For instance. I'm a believer. In an afterlife. Only because I want there to be an afterlife. So I can continue being. Preferably, as a living and thinking spirit. Sure, I’ll admit that’s only a remote possibility. But it is a possibility. And that’s good enough for me. It helps to buoy my morale. My spirits, so to speak. Little wonder. That I have become a romantic idealist, a spiritual free-thinker, a political liberal, a lover and a dreamer.  Because those are pursuits over which I have control. In my current physical realm. Of course, it’s still to be determined. Just how much control I’ll have in the spiritual dimension. Or if there really is one.  But I’m free to assume. Anything. Including my bright and idyllic future.  As a thriving spirit. -Jim Broede

No comments: