Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Too many gods, perhaps.

Yes. I have to admit. That it wouldn’t be right and proper. If I could dictate the twists and turns of life.  Because that would be asking for more power than the gods. Even the gods don’t ask for or expect all-encompassing control over their domains. That is, if they even have domains. Could be that the gods don’t even exist. Other than in one’s imagination. My favorites are the Greek gods. I didn’t even have to think them up. That was already done for me by the imaginative Greeks. Of course, there’s no shortage of gods. Virtually every civilization. Has had a god or two or three. I was brought up. To revere the Christian concept of god. But now I’m not so sure any more. Which is the real god. Or the fake gods. So many choices. Makes me wonder. If there are multiple competing gods. And if so, maybe that explains the chaotic twists and turns of life. Too many gods trying to run the show. --Jim Broede

No comments: