Wednesday, January 6, 2016

I won't be heartbroken.

I’m going to watch a football game. This Sunday. In a relaxed and unemotional manner. Because I don’t care who wins. It’s the playoffs. The Minnesota Vikings versus the Seattle Seahawks. Thank heavens. My favorite team, the Chicago Bears. Didn’t qualify for the playoffs. So I don’t give a hoot. Over who finally makes it to the Super Bowl. If the Bears were playing, I’d be a nervous wreck. Full of jitters and heart palpitations. I’d be emotionally involved. Desperately pulling for the Bears. And if things didn’t go well for the Bears, I’d be shaken to the core.  Especially if the Bears lost in heartbreaking fashion.  Such as blowing a lead on the game’s final play. I’d be emotionally distraught. Of course, I’d be on an emotional high. If the Bears won. Especially in dramatic fashion. But still, I most likely wouldn’t have watched the game. A calculated wise decision. To avoid the stress. That comes with caring too much. About the outcome of a mere football game. I’d  tell myself this game was insignificant. In the grand scheme of life. But still, I’d lament. Until I put life back in proper perspective again. Anyway, I won’t be fretting on Sunday. When the Vikings play the Seahawks.  Neither team has the power to break my heart. --Jim Broede

No comments: