Monday, March 21, 2016

Adjusting to the rigors of life.

Maybe my biggest mistake. In life. Was trying to live too fast. Trying to do too much. Oh, I’ve learned. To slow down. But still. I could and should go slower, slower, slower. In order to better savor the precious moments.  Life wasn’t meant to be lived in a hurry. But there I was. In a profession. Where I had to write for deadline.  With no time to spare. Now that I’m retired. I write more than  ever. But at a more leisurely pace. Writing, too, what I want to write. Rather than allowing editors to dictate. My style and writing pace. Now I spend more time writing. But at my pace. And in my way. For my pleasure.  My fulfillment. The way life is meant to be lived. It’s never too late. To adjust. To the rigors of life. By slowing down. --Jim Broede

No comments: