Monday, March 14, 2016

Give me total and blissful isolation.

I like being alone. More than being with people.  Of course, I like people. I’m with people almost every day. But I also spend big parts of the day alone. At home. Or outdoors. Away from people. That’s when I’m at my most comfortable best. Able to cherish moments of solitude. Oh, I could live with my Italian amore. More or less round-the-clock. But both of us would need breaks. Of pure solitude.  Seems to me that solitude is essential. For me to collect my wits. And to rejuvenate myself. I’m alone now. At this very moment. Thinking and writing this thought. I wouldn’t be doing this. If I were in the presence of company. I night be socializing. Doing something I didn’t want to do. But when I’m alone. I am able to do as I please. Nobody around to divert me. To other things. To other thoughts. Than the ones that come to mind. When I am in total and blissful isolation.   --Jim Broede

No comments: