Wednesday, April 13, 2016

A true believer. In a fantastic reality.

I’m trying to grasp the infinite enormity of creation. And the possibility of the cosmos teeming with life. Distances so great. That we measure them in light minutes. And light years. Light travels at 186,000 miles per second. Anyway, our galaxy, the Milky Way, has billions of stars. Like our sun. The next closest star is over four light years away. The Milky Way galaxy is 90,000 light years wide. And beyond our galaxy there are billions of other galaxies. Each with billions of stars. Tell me, that in this vast creation, Planet Earth is the only planet with life. That would be a lie. It ain’t so. Life really abounds. Human life. And other forms of intelligent life. And here I am. A miniscule speck. Thinking about it all. Makes me wonder. If it’s my imagination. Playing tricks. But I’m being told. It’s real. Just as real as me. Wow! Wow! Wow! Imagine that. It’s my reality. My life. Yes, tell me again and again and again. I’ve been blessed. Given an instant in time. To grasp such an overwhelming reality. No doubt about it. I’m in love. With precious life. Oh, it seems so real. Almost too good  to be true. But I’m buying into it. Fully. I’m a true believer. In a fantastic reality. --Jim

No comments: