Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Being honest. It ain't easy.

I love psychoanalysis. That is, when I probe myself.  Inwardly. Figuring out who and what I am. Always have been that way. As a kid. As a young man. In middle age. Now at age 80. It’s fun. Trying to understand myself. No need to go to a professional. When I’m my own best psychotherapist. And I work for free. Hey, I’m a natural born psychotherapist. It’s my hobby. I’m skilled at it. Having psychoanalyzed myself. Routinely. For as long as I can remember. With good results. I’m reasonably happy. Contented, too. Of course, I don’t solve other people’s problems. They are on their own. As it should be. I make suggestions. And give advice.  Such as. It’s good to become one’s own psychotherapist. But remember. It takes being honest. With one’s self. And that ain’t easy. --Jim Broede

No comments: