Tuesday, April 19, 2016

A wonderful life.

Sometimes I allow myself to be spoiled. I have so much. That I become downright greedy. Oh, I don’t covet material things.  Such as the stuff that money can buy. Money rarely brings me happiness. Instead, I want the Chicago Cubs to win baseball games. And to go to the World Series. The Cubs have the best record (10-3) in major league baseball.  Off to one of their best starts ever. But when the Cubs lose. I lament for a while. Imagining ways they could and should have won. Instead of focusing on their amazing record. I want more and more wins. Lengthy winning streaks. Yes, I want to be spoiled. Like the millionaire with an insatiable desire to become a billionaire.  Yes, sometimes it’s better to settle for less.  And savor what one already has. A wonderful life. --Jim Broede

No comments: