Sunday, May 15, 2016

The easiest and most fulfilling way.

It’s so easy. To muse. To express a thought. Most days. Nothing comes easier. To ponder. About the wonders of life. Like now. The alternative, I suppose. Is to exist with a blank mind. To have nothing to say. Anyway, I merely sit down. At the keyboard. And start tapping away. With two fingers. Mostly. Happy thoughts flow. But yes, sad thoughts, too. But I am inclined to be happy.  Presumably, that’s my nature. I suppose. That if I had a malady. Such as depression.  That would be a problem. In my younger days, there were times when I didn’t know how to express myself. Oh, I had stuff to say. But I lacked an adequate vocabulary. That was terribly frustrating. But then I discovered words. A language.  Which I keep expanding. Cultivating. I stumble across new words. Daily. By reading. By opening the dictionary. To this page. And that page. At random. I should learn a foreign language. A second or third language. But it’s so much easier learning English. Which has deep roots. In other languages. Such as Latin. Really. English derived from many other languages.  Then there’s the matter of writing styles. Which allows me to make up my own rules. To experiment. Endlessly. So here I am. Putting down a thought. The easy way. I could do this all day. Writing a treatise. Or a mere musing.  Doing what comes naturally. Yes. Yes. That’s by far the easiest and most fulfilling way. To live one’s life.. --Jim Broede

No comments: