Friday, May 13, 2016

To keep guessing. For eternity.

Today. I am leaning. Toward a belief. In predestination. Yes. Yes. Yes. I can’t affect outcomes. Things happen. Because they are predestined. My life span  has been predetermined. Nothing I can do about it. To lengthen or shorten my life. I have to learn to accept it. Oh, I could protest. That won’t do any good. Other than make me feel good. But even how I’m going to feel --  that’s been predetermined. No sense in me voting in the next election. The next president. That’s already a settled question. As for my Chicago Cubs. Let them play out the string. It’s already decided. What will be, will be. No sense in me getting all excited. Or distraught.  The dye has been cast. I have no choice in the matter. It’s almost as if I’ve lived my life. Over and over. Yes. This could be a repeat performance. Nothing I can do about it. I may be living the same life. In the same world. Endlessly.  I haven’t decided yet. Whether that’s a good or bad thing. Never will. Maybe that’s just as well. To keep guessing. For eternity.  --Jim Broede

No comments: