Saturday, July 16, 2016

Delight. In the totally unexpected.

I wonder. If some of my friends know who and what they are. Of course, that  could apply to me, too. I define myself. On my business or calling card. Romantic idealist. Spiritual free-thinker. Political liberal.  Lover. Dreamer. But I am so much more. Even parts of me that I have yet to discover. And maybe never will. After all, life is a voyage of discovery. And I’m hoping to fall off the edge of Earth some day. To see what it’s like. Anyway, I am certain. That life is full of uncertainties. And surprises. That doesn’t bother me. I’d rather have it that way.  New discoveries. Every day. Yes, I have friends that like certainty. They plan their lives.  Down to minute details. And if stuff goes awry, they become flustered. As upset as upset can be.  As for me, I often find delight. In the totally unexpected. --Jim Broede

No comments: