Saturday, July 23, 2016

I'd lie and cheat to get my strudel.

Reports that I’m an addict. Addicted to apple strudel. Are grossly exaggerated. I’ll admit that a good strudel is my favorite coffee cake. But I can live without strudel. Sometimes, I’ve gone months. Without strudel. Of course, it helps that I live in Minnesota. A state known mostly for Scandinavian baked goods and culinary delicacies. Therefore, German apple strudel is hard to come by.  Therefore, I go without strudel. Far more often than I go with it. Here’s my confession. Of what I did. Lied to my alcohol-addicted friend Julie about my strudel addiction. I did it. As an act of compassion. For Julie and her continuing plight with addiction. Yes, I was kidding. But Julie took me seriously. She thought I was a real strudel addict. I have to apologize.  But believe me, Julie. I know what it would be like. If I needed a daily fix. Of apple strudel. I’d lie and cheat to get my strudel. --Jim Broede

No comments: