Friday, July 22, 2016

The matter of true love.

I know it’s true love. When I have absolutely no desire to change my amore. In my lifetime, I’ve had two true loves. Total and unconditional acceptance of each other. That’s phenomenal. Though it’s no world record. But think of it. Many people go through life without a single true love. I’m an exception. Blessed twice.  Little wonder. That I’m a happy man.  Despite pitfalls along the way. Doesn’t matter. Because I’ve tasted true love. Can’t ask for more than that. If I had had less than the experience of true love – my life would have been a waste. A friend asked me recently, what will I be remembered for? And the friend suggested, maybe cynically, that it would be mostly as an eccentric old man.  But it really doesn’t matter what other people think. After all, I know the truth.  I’ve had true love. Not once. But twice. --Jim Broede

No comments: