Wednesday, September 7, 2016

An option under consideration.

I wonder. If I’m putting my friends to a test. Or if  they are putting me to a test.  I’m not adverse to disappointing my friends. And they sometimes disappoint me. But still, the friendships generally endure.  Though one particular friendship may be on tenuous ground. Yes, my friendship with Julie, the alcoholic.  I wonder if one or the other of us will break it off. Because we are losing faith and confidence in each other. I’m disappointed in Julie.  Because of her unresolved  drinking problem. And she’s disappointed in me. For lack of compassion and understanding.  It’s a standoff. And that makes for a testy situation.  Maybe both of us would be better off. If we weren’t friends anymore. That’s an option under serious consideration. --Jim Broede

No comments: