Saturday, September 17, 2016

My remedy for high anxiety.

High anxiety. I have it occasionally. When I devoutly wish for outcomes. Over which I have absolute no control. I’d be better off. Merely letting things happen. Without the anxiety. Yes, it’s a matter of learning acceptance. For instance, I desperately want Donald Trump to lose the presidential election. I’m having pangs of anxiety. Over the possibility  that he might win. Imagining  that it will bring on a terrible political situation  Maybe not as terrible as what happened in Nazi Germany. But nevertheless, bad, bad, bad. Of course, if my worst fears become real, that will add to my unrelenting anxiety. I’d have to find a way to cope.  Maybe by moving to another country. And getting on with life. In a happy and loving manner.  Free of anxiety. --Jim Broede

No comments: