Sunday, September 4, 2016

The story of my success.

It’s the kind of question I’d ask if I were a border patrol officer. On the U.S.-Canadian border. But my Italian amore thought it was a little too personal. That he had  no business going there. ‘How did the two of you meet?’ he asked after inspecting our Italian and American passports. Of course, I gave him the quick and full three-minute  romantic account. I don’t hesitate telling my love story to virtually every and anyone. Even strangers. Nothing to hide. I also gave him my calling card. Listing me as a romantic idealist, a spiritual free-thinker, a political liberal, a lover and a dreamer. And if he wanted to know more, he could read the daily postings in my Broede’s Broodings blog.  Rather than being a suspected terrorist. I always pass security. Without a hitch. And with smiles.  Don’t even have to take off my shoes or open my bags. Oh, so nice. Yes, no mistake about it. I’m taken for a lover and a dreamer. I’ve succeeded in defining myself. --Jim Broede

No comments: