Wednesday, November 30, 2016

By marking time.

Marking time. Yes, I love to mark time. That’s one of my favorite English idioms. To move the feet alternately as in marching but without advancing. To act in a mechanical or routine way. To halt progress temporarily, while awaiting developments.  ‘Oh, let me come soon to the safe haven where I shall mark time forever.’  One of my favorite quotes. From Anthony Masters. In 'Cascades – The Day of the Dead.’  Here’s another: ‘…strummed a beat on his strings and a low chant rose to mark time with the swallows.’ A thought. From Kathleen E. Woodiwiss. In ‘The Wolf and the Dove.’ I receive inspiration. When marking time. That’s the mood I’m in. Marking time. Marking time. Puts me at ease. Merely marking time. It’s not necessarily a bad thing. To take time out. To reflect one’s next decision. No hurry. Don’t push me. After all, I have all the time in the world. Forever. To live my life. By staying in motion. Always on the move.  I can do it. By marking time. --Jim Broede

No comments: