Thursday, December 1, 2016

Precious waking moments.

I adapt to life. Mostly by doing whatever comes naturally. Usually by drifting into a comfortable rhythm. For instance, when I’m tired. It makes sense. To go to bed. To rest. To doze. To sleep. To dream. The natural thing. Don’t even have to think about it. Comes automatically. Naturally. I’m sitting at my computer. Writing a thought. When I find myself drifting into slumber land. Happened last night. So I shut down the computer. Turned off the lights. Plopped into bed. And slept. Peacefully. Contentedly. Now I’m up. In the wee hours of morning. Feeling refreshed. An opportunity to resume my thought. Of living a wonderful life. Ever so naturally. Next. I’m going to read. A novel. ‘The Photographer’s Wife.’ By a Frenchman. Robert Sole. About life. In Egypt. In the 1890s. Don't like the focus. On the depressing colonial politics of the time. The ruination of an otherwise good life. Salvaged. Saved. Only by the power of love. Between two protagonists. Really, that’s our saving grace. The ability to fall in love. Makes life so much easier. During our precious wide awake moments. -Jim Broede

No comments: