Monday, December 5, 2016

A divided world.

I’m affected. By what’s happening around me. By daily events. By my encounters with all sorts of people. Friends and foes. Yes, foes. People who cause me consternation. That I lovingly and jokingly call foes. Or opponents. Because they may rub me the wrong way. Probably my fault. More than theirs.  Of course, I try to make friends with my foes. Because that’s the right thing to do. But I don’t require everyone to be my friend. Acquaintanceship often suffices.  And yes, some people don’t want to be my friend. That’s their choice. I believe in choices. That’s the way I would design the world. Freedom of choice. For everyone. Though that may be troublesome. With one person’s choice infringing on another’s. Maybe that’s why many of us have quite a blend of friends and foes. Yes, we live in a divided world. --Jim Broede

No comments: