Saturday, December 10, 2016

My state of gratitude.

I live in a constant state of gratitude. I revere life. I savor life. Every day. But that doesn’t stop me from taking issue with all sorts of people. Especially politicians. The ones that destroy the goodness of life. Many, many do. Hitler. Stalin. Assad. Mussolini. An endless list. They did it to a huge degree. A disgrace. George Bush did it. Think of  how he sucked America into an unnecessary war. That not only killed tens of thousands of Americans. But hundreds of thousands of innocent people in other countries.  Nasty. Nasty politicians. Exploit people.  Daily. For their own selfish gain. They sacrifice lives. They lie and cheat. They are deplorable characters. And we are suckered into supporting them. Because they sell us a bill of goods. We vote for them. As the lesser of the evils. They don’t revere life. They don’t treat people fairly. Many are racists.  Please understand. I don’t blame Trump for all the bad in our world. There’s plenty of blame to go around. I’m to blame. For not taking a stand. Or for being indifferent.  For withdrawing into my cocoon.  For giving up. Donald Trump is my enemy. Because he’s assuming a position of power. Where he can wreak havoc. And destruction. He portrays himself as a savior.  He’s no savior. He’s no Jesus. He’s more an anti-Christ.  He’s for Donald Trump. First and foremost.  He’s an egomaniac. A politician. If he has any values, many of them are values that I reject. I’ll grant. Trump is in love. But with the wrong stuff. With power. With money. With himself. As are many politicians. And non-politicians, too. I’m looking for people in love with the spiritual side of life.  On my calling card. I list myself as a spiritual free-thinker, a romantic idealist, a political liberal, a lover, a dreamer. Does that tell you something?  Trump is against everything that I am for. But that doesn’t stop me from being in a constant state of gratitude. For being an alive and conscious being. Capable of standing up. For my beliefs. And taking time out. To fall in love.  With life.  -- Jim Broede

No comments: