Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Never wavering.

I live with my Italian amore. Year-round. Don’t miss a single day together. Even when she’s in Sardinia. And I’m in Minnesota. Because we are connected. In meaningful ways. If not always in the flesh. In loving spirit. We see each other, too. By video. On Skype. One of the many benefits of the technology age. I dare say. That we are closer to each other. Than some of my married couple neighbors. Going through the motions of living together.  In the same house.  Yes, it’s possible. To go through the motions.  Little wonder that marriages break up. Anyway, I’m assuming that my amore and I have the real thing.  At least it feels like genuine love. Doesn’t matter that at the moment we are on separate sides of the ocean. We don’t demand more.  Or less.  From each other.  Love isn’t a demanding thing. It’s unequivocal, unconditional acceptance. Of each other. Never wavering. A mutual belief. In the impossible.  Yes, that’s true love. --Jim Broede

No comments: