Monday, December 19, 2016

Please. Please. Let me be.

Life is meant to be on the go. In constant state of motion. Physically. Mentally. Emotionally. That’s why. When I retired. There was no stoppage.  I revved up my engine. And refused to quit. I walk 10 miles a day. Adds up to 70 miles a week. I write every day. More than before so-called retirement. But now I have no boss. Other than me. Therefore, I dictate the subject. I do my own editing. I am a free spirit. So free that I have taken up with the second true love of my life. My beloved  Italian amore. Yes, I am sustained. Emotionally. By love.  I am up at 4 in the morning. After a blissful sleep. Ready and raring to go. With one enchanting loving thought after another. Happy. Happy. To be alive. And functional. In meaningful ways. I want to go. Forever and ever. Non-stop. Please. Please. Let me be. --Jim Broede

No comments: