Sunday, December 18, 2016

My persuasive case.

I feel confident. About having another tomorrow. I haven’t missed a single tomorrow. In 81 years, and counting. I’m so used to having tomorrows. To the point that I’ll be surprised.  Flabbergasted. If tomorrow doesn’t arrive. For the first time ever.  I’ll ask, ‘What’s going on?’ Of course, I’ll be dead. It’s impossible for dead people to have tomorrows, I’m told. But that won’t stop me from protesting. Today. Now. Directly to the creator. ‘It’s reasonable,’ I’ll declare, ‘that dead people should have a right to tomorrow.  So that we can remain in the picture of life. Just because we’re dead, doesn’t mean certain rights should be taken away. I’ll give up some of the living stuff. But not tomorrows.’ I’m for direct negotiations over the matter. With none other than the creator himself. I’ll demand a fair hearing.  And ample time to make my persuasive case.   --Jim Broede

No comments: