Tuesday, January 17, 2017

By my own creative design.

I’m spiritual. Not religious That’s where some of my dear friends and  I diverge. Which is all right. To each his own. One isn’t required to follow the dictates of a particular religion. In order to advance to the idyllic afterlife. Even atheists qualify. That’s by grand design. Everyone is entitled to believe whatever they want to believe. Individual choice. I choose to steer clear of organized religions. I call myself a spiritual free-thinker. I believe in the spirit. Not in religions. I am dedicated to becoming a spirit. Free to roam the cosmos (all of creation) as an indestructible, nonphysical spirit. Wow! Grand and glorious freedom. Like god, so to speak. I’ve been led to believe this. In my other roles. Here on Planet Earth. As a romantic idealist, a lover, a dreamer. I don’t have to be a ‘Christian’ to be saved. Wouldn’t matter if I were a Jew, a Hindu, a Muslim, a Buddhist or an atheist. Even savages in the wilderness are saved. Entitled to an afterlife. Makes me an optimist. A positive thinker.  A true believer.  You and I are both saved, dear friends. We choose our own paths. You can link up with your Jesus. In the afterlife. And I can go on my exploration of the cosmos. And if I bump into Jesus along the way, I’ll embrace him. As a spiritual friend. As a fellow spiritual philosopher.  Not necessarily as a savior.  Of course, there’s a possibility of no afterlife. That death is death. The end. Absolute nothingness.  But as long as I am an alive and conscious being, I have the option to protest. To insist on an afterlife. By my own creative design.  That keeps me going. Keeps me happy. Keeps me contented. --Jim Broede

No comments: