Sunday, January 1, 2017

What the world needs most

I judge people. By trying to gauge their decency level. I muse. To myself. ‘Is this guy or gal likely to do the decent thing?’ Sooner or later, I get the answer. Of course, I like to associate with decent people. They tend to be trustworthy.  And fair-minded. I wish the world was full of decent politicians. There are some that fit the bill. But not near enough. Especially at the higher levels.  I’m leery. Wary. Cautious. About one in particular. Yes, it’s Donald Trump.  I’m afraid that he’s not a very decent fellow. Maybe I’m being too judgmental. But from what I’ve seen so far. I’m of the mind. That Trump is not to be trusted. He’s more in love with himself. Than with other people. And the country.  Furthermore, he’s mean-spirited. A shyster, too.  If Trump had a true sense of decency,  he’d wake up. To reality. That he was barely elected president. In fact, he didn’t even get a majority of the popular vote. A decent human being would recognize such a fact. And do the decent thing. By looking for decent ways to bring a divided nation together. By being reasonably fair to the majority of voters who didn’t vote for him.  Imagine that. Being a decent and fair-minded president. Finding the sort of common ground that brings feuding factions together.  In a spirit of cooperation and compromise and goodwill. It’s commonly called human decency. Exactly what this world needs. --Jim  Broede

No comments: