Tuesday, January 3, 2017

To be the creator.

Thinking. Thinking. Thinking. That’s my preoccupation. I’m thinking. About something or other. Sometimes about not being able to think. Losing the ability to think. Fortunately, I refuse to stop thinking. If and when that happens, I suppose, that’s the end of conscious life. Can one still be alive? Without conscious thought? And merely go about the motions of  life. Without a thought? Can one forget to think about anything? Does one need a physical presence to be alive with thought? Can I leave my body? Perhaps in a dream.  And still exist? As a mere thought.  I crave. To be a body-less thought. A spirit. That moves about. To anywhere one desires. In the infinite cosmos. Then I would know. How it must feel. To be the creator. --Jim Broede

No comments: