Friday, January 6, 2017

Please, give me 9000 lives.

I have a feeling. That I will have the opportunity. To live my life. Over and over again. Not the exact same life.  But as the same being. Under altered circumstances. Consider the undeniable fact every life has infinitesimal pivotal moments.  When one could steer in a different direction. For instance, declining a job in Minnesota. Instead, accepting another offer. Elsewhere. A different place. A different situation. Different people. One’s life could be changed. Dramatically. By that single decision. I won’t know how. Unless I’m able to relive it all. The same me. In another life. But it really won’t be the same me.  Through and through. Because I’ll be influenced. Swayed. Merely by being in a different place at a different time. I’ll marry someone else. Or maybe I’ll remain single. Or maybe my life will be shortened.  As the result of a tragic  accident. Yes, being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I’d not mind. Living my life over and over again. Just to make such a discovery. If for no other reason. Than out of curiosity. Similar to being the proverbial  cat. With nine lives.  But please, give me 9,000 lives. -Jim Broede

No comments: