Thursday, February 23, 2017

A nation gone crazy.

Was I the blind man? The one who didn’t see the coming light? Could be, I suppose. After all, here I am. Wondering how Trump won the presidency. When initially, I thought, confidently, that he had no chance. That he would be soundly rejected. But then, ever so slowly. I became scared. Flustered.  That he might win. Yes, by golly, like so many others, I’d miscalculated the mood of the fickle American electorate. How could it be? Now I know. Trump hypnotized the voters. In a deceptively entertaining way.  So brash. So outlandish. That people began to ponder. What would happen? If a political freak got to the White House. Therefore. Maybe out of curiosity. Barely enough voters. Took the calculated risk. To find out. And so, here we are. A witness to a potentially tragic chapter in our history. But hey, that’s the absurdity of life. And now I’m asking. Is there anything we can do about it? Or must we glumly ride out the nightmare. Of a nation gone crazy. --Jim Broede

No comments: