Wednesday, February 1, 2017

As I once imagined.

A confession. Don’t always feel safe. When venturing into the world. I occasionally feel high anxiety. Hard to say why I’m uneasy. I feel safe. When I’m alone. In my home, also known as cocoon. Out in the woods. On a mountain top. On an isolated seashore. All those places put me at ease. Especially if no one else is around. Of course, I feel safe, too, with my Italian amore. And several other friends.  But overall, I’m leery of the rest of the populated world. Especially power elites or ruling class. The politicians. The bureaucrats. The capitalist oligarchs. People such as Donald Trump. And his associates. I don’t trust religious fanatics, either. Though some of them are more funny than dangerous or hostile.  Oh, one more thing. I don’t mind meeting total strangers. Which may seem odd. But consider my underlying motive. Looking for people I can trust. To prove a point. That the world isn’t all that hostile and unfriendly. That maybe I have a grossly warped view of mankind. Really, it would be a pleasure. If I learned. Beyond a doubt. That the world isn’t nearly as bad. As I once imagined. --Jim Broede

No comments: