Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Slowly. Leisurely.

Living a slow and leisurely life. I like the idea. And the goal. Don’t always achieve it. But I’m getting better at it. By learning to say ‘no.’ To folks who prod me to do more. Too much, really. I’m attracted mostly to associates who encourage me to slow down. To slacken my pace. Some suggest that less is more. I agree with that concept. Years ago, I quit being a 24/7 care-giver. And became an 8-10 hours a day care-giver. Allowing me to set side time daily. For much-needed respite. One of the wisest decisions I ever made. Yes, like magic. Presto. I became a more efficient, more effective, more loving care-giver. Rest. Rest. Rest. Made the difference. Put me in genuine mood for caring. I started to resonate good vibes. All the time. I benefited. But so did everyone around me. Of course, I have an occasional relapse. Trying to do too much. But not for long. I take charge of my life once again. Slowly. Leisurely. --Jim Broede

No comments: