Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Reason to laugh.

The acceptance of others. It’s so important. Yes, it’s called respect. Here's the truth. The other side of me. Sometimes, I find acceptance difficult. Even with people who cause me no harm. Funny, isn’t it?  I have an open mind. Or so I tell myself. But I confess. I’ve poked fun. At people with divergent views. On political, social and economic issues. For being closed-minded. When really, I’m the one being unfair. And intolerant. Like I’m Mister Know-It All.  Even Holier-Than-Thou. Traits that I detest in others. When really, it’s me that should mend my ways. And learn to be more kind and more understanding. Oh, maybe I am. Much of the time. But that’s not good enough. I should hold myself to a higher standard. By cultivating my conscience.  Giving others. The benefit of the doubt. Far more than I do. After all, it’s all-too-obvious that I don’t know it all. When I think I do. I make a fool of myself.  Now that’s funny. Something to laugh about. --Jim Broede

No comments: